How to delete Apple ID from your iPhone in 2 different ways, wipe your data and information from the device. You should remove the Apple ID from your iPhone if you are selling or giving the device to someone else. It is easy to clear the Apple ID from your iPhone in two different ways. When you delete your Apple ID from an iPhone, all related data and information will be wiped from the device. You may want to remove your Apple ID if you switch accounts or sell your iPhone to a new owner.
Linking your Apple ID to your iPhone is critical to keeping you connected to all your favorite apps and data, including photos and documents, emails and text messages, and even your iTunes library. However, having all of this information so readily available when updating your phone or selling it to someone else isn’t particularly ideal.
In this case, we recommend that you wipe all your data from your iPhone by deleting the Apple ID from the device. Thankfully, doing this is quick and easy, and can even be done remotely if you don’t have your phone handy. Here’s how to do it.
How to delete Apple ID from your iPhone via Settings
- On your iPhone home screen, tap the Settings app icon to open it.
- At the top of the screen, tap the card with your name and the “Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store” header, then tap the “iTunes & App Store” banner.
- Tap your Apple ID, then “View Apple ID” and enter your password if prompted.
- Scroll down and tap “Remove this device” just below iTunes in the Cloud section.
- A pop-up will take you to the external Apple ID website, where you will need to enter your username and password, then tap “Devices”.
- Choose the device you want to remove from your Apple ID and tap on it, tapping “Remove” again to confirm your choice.
How to remove Apple ID from your iPhone via the iCloud website
Log in to your iCloud account to delete your Apple ID from your iPhone using your Apple ID and password.
Under “Find my phone”, select “All devices”.
Find the iPhone you want to remove from your Apple ID and tap “Remove from Account” to confirm.